10 Best Microsoft Azure Courses for Beginners and Experienced Developers
A collection of best online courses to learn Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform and Azure DevOps in depth
Hello guys, if you want to learn about the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform in-depth and looking for the best online training courses then you have come to the right place. In the past, I have shared the best courses to prepare for Azure Fundamentals, Azure Administrator, and Azure Architect certifications, and today I am going to share the best online course to learn Azure platform for Beginners.
You can use these courses to not only learn Microsoft Azure core services but also to prepare for different Microsoft Azure certifications like AZ-900, AZ-300, and AZ-200 or Azure developer associate certification.
Microsoft Azure, is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft meant for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers.
It provides software, platform, and infrastructure as a service and supports many programming languages, tools, and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
This makes it a very good platform because of its flexibility. You can have different projects in the same interface so you don’t have to be changing or learning the peculiarities of every different platform. So if you have different projects or you work with different programming languages is a good option to optimize your time and resources.
Also, demand for Azure certified developers, administrators, and cloud architect is increasing exponentially as more and more companies are using Azure for their migrating their on-premise software and application. This means it’s the best time to learn Azure and boost your career profile.
At the same time, Microsoft Azure is a huge collection of services for building applications in the cloud and can often be overwhelming.
That’s why choosing the best online training courses is crucial and that’s where this article will help you. here you will find the best Azure Cloud Computing courses from sites like Udemy, Coursera, Pluralsight, and edX which is developed by experts and trusted by thousands of people like you.
10 Best Online Courses to learn Microsoft Azure 2021
Without wasting any more of your time, here you have a top 5 of the best tutorials to learn about Azure. These are the best courses from Udemy, Coursera, and edX and you can use them to learn Azure and prepare for different Azure certifications like Azure Fundamentals and Azure Architecture TEchnology.
This is another best course to learn Azure on Udemy. If you want to be an expert with Azure this is an online course you should join.
This course has a total of 12 sections, during the course you will see:
- An introduction to Azure storage services architecture
- Creation of Virtual network, and network security groups
- Introduction to computing building blocks; Virtual machine creation and storage, availability sets
- Azure app services building blocks; Creating and managing web apps and mobile apps
- Azure database services building blocks and creating and managing the Azure SQL database.
- Deliver Big Data Solution on Azure
- Deliver Application Integration on Azure
- Internet of things
- An introduction to Azure security-related services
- Monitoring & Diagnostics services
- Azure infrastructure as code (ARM Templates)
- Introduction to Azure DevOps
As you can see it comprehends a lot of subjects. All the course includes more than 30 hours of video, 6 articles, and 103 downloadable resources, which makes this is one of the most comprehensive Azure course on Udemy.
Here is the link to join this course — Microsoft Azure cloud — Beginner Boot camp
This is another Udemy Azure course which is great to learn Microsoft Azure from scratch. As its name suggests this course is for beginners but to start this course you’ll need some basic IT knowledge on networks, databases, and how Web servers work.
You will learn:
- The ability to understand how to start working with Azure
- Spin up and working with Virtual Machines
- Work with Storage options such as BLOB or SQL Server
- Basic Understanding of services such as Azure Functions and Azure Web apps
By the end of the course, you’ll be prepared for taking the AZ-900 certification exam. The course includes 2 simulation exams for you to practice. Apart from that, it includes 10 and a half hours of video tutorials, 13 articles, and 12 resources.
Here is the link to join this course — Microsoft Azure — Beginner’s Guide
This is the best Azure cloud course from Udemy and you can use this to learn Azure in-depth as well as to prepare for the AZ-300 exam. This course is meant for someone that has knowledge in more than one language and want to be more efficient.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Access your services with the help of Azure Portal
- Know how to work correctly with different virtual machines in Azure
- Work with different storage options and policies for your cloud
- Host your resources in the cloud with Operations Management Suite
- Deliver high-bandwidth content with Azure CDN and Akamai
- Develop databases with Azure
- Leverage Azure Redis Cache as a Service for high throughput and low latency
- Find and use enterprise data assets with Azure Data Catalog
The course consists of 20 and a half hours of explanation videos that you can consult the times you want. By the end, you will master the Azure environment and you will be considerably more efficient.
Here is the link to join this Azure course — AZ-300 Azure Architecture Technologies Exam Prep 2021
4. Azure Infrastructure Fundamentals by Learn Quest [Coursera]
This course focuses on the Fundamentals of Azure Infrastructure. It begins with understanding the subscription system, configuring the security, and acquiring storage. Then you’ll build virtual machines and VNETS to start working.
While doing the tutorial you will be able to:
- Configure and manage Azure subscriptions
- Create and manage resource groups and identities
- Configure and manage storage and backups
- Create and manage virtual machines and virtual networks
It takes 30 hours to complete the course, and by the end, you will have a certificate. It is meant for an advanced profile, that already knows some different languages and wants to unify all his projects together on the same platform.
Here is the link to join this course — Azure Infrastructure Fundamentals by Learn Quest
By the way, If you are planning to join multiple Coursera courses or specializations then consider taking the Coursera Plus subscription which provides you unlimited access to their most popular courses, specialization, professional certificate, and guided projects. It cost around $399/year but it’s completely worthy of your money as you get unlimited certificates.
This course’s focus is to use virtual machines in Azure for workloads, emphasizing basic configuration, planning, deployment, and management tasks.
You’ll be introduced to how to secure and make your virtual machines highly available and scalable. It is a good start for entering the Azure world but not having to see all its features.
Here are the key things you will learn in this course:
- How IaaS uses virtual machines and the basic concepts of endpoints
- Know how to determine virtual machine workloads and correctly choose the size of your virtual machines.
- The process of creating, and deploy Azure Windows virtual machines.
- How to configure virtual machine IP addresses, availability, scalability, and security.
- How to manage, attach, import, and export virtual disks.
This course can be done completely free, and then when you finish you can pay for the certificate of finalization if you desire to.
Here is the link to join this course — Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines by Microsoft
6. Microsoft Azure: The Big Picture [Pluralsight]
This is one of the best beginner-level Azure course from Pluralsight, another leading online portal for programmers and developer.s
In this course, you will learn foundational knowledge to begin planning solutions using Microsoft Azure. First, you will learn about cloud computing and the different ways to run your application code.
After that, you will discover the data storage, processing, and analysis capabilities in Azure. Finally, you will explore how to create networks; integrate, manage, and secure your applications; and develop for Azure.
After completing this online Azure course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Microsoft Azure needed to begin working on your cloud solutions.
Here is the link to join this course — Microsoft Azure: The Big Picture
7. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals [Pluralsight]
This is another great Pluralsight course to learn Microsoft Azure from scratch. Created by
, this course will introduce you to the new world of cloud computing and how to build on the Windows Azure Platform.
You will not only learn about Windows Azure compute and storage and SQL Azure but also learn about cloud computing tradeoffs and help you understand the constraints and limitations imposed by the cloud computing model offered by the Windows Azure Platform today.
Matt is one of the Microsoft Tech experts and he has a knack for making things simple which really helps to understand complex cloud computing concepts.
here is the link to join this course — Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
By the way, you would need a Pluralsight membership to join this course which costs around $29 per month or $299 per year (14% discount).
I highly recommend this subscription to all programmers as it provides instant access to more than 7000+ online courses to learn any tech skill. Alternatively, you can also use their 10-day-free-pass to watch this course for FREE.
8. Azure DevOps Fundamentals for Beginners [Udemy]
This is an excellent Udemy course for both beginners and experienced software developers and tech leads who want to learn Learn how to plan, Manage, and Deploy Your Very First Azure DevOps Application Through Hands-On Demos and Use Cases.
In this Azure DevOps Fundamentals course, Microsoft Certified Trainer and bestselling Udemy instructor Brian Culp take you on a hands-on tour of Azure DevOps and shows you how to manage development teams, code, and application deployments.
Best of all, Brian understands that students taking a Fundamentals course may not yet be familiar with all the vocabulary and terms and technologies that are part of the DevOps landscape, hence he explains all of those things whenever they come in like Agile, Scrum, App Containers, Commits, Code Requests, Sprints, Unit Testing, Code Artifacts, and other DevOps jargons.
Since this course is designed for people who are new to DevOps terms and concepts, I highly recommend this to both beginners and experienced software developers to join this course.
Here is the link to join this course — Azure DevOps Fundamentals for Beginners
9. Azure Data Engineer Technologies for Beginners [Bundle]
As the title suggests, this Azure course is for people who want to become Data Engineer and wants to work on the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform. Microsoft Azure Date Engineering is one of the fastest-growing and in-demand fields for Data Science practitioners.
In this course, you will learn about Azure data technologies like Microsoft Azure SQL Database, Data Lake, Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, Cosmos DB, Databricks, and HDInsight.
This is a massive course with 34.5 hours of content and over 50 articles to learn all essential data technologies you want to learn in Azure. This course is also good for DP-200 and DP-2001.
Here is the link to join this Azure course — Azure Data Engineer Technologies for Beginners
This is another course that I recommend to an experienced developer who wants to master the Azure platform. In this course, you will learn about essential DevOps tools and technologies like Docker, AKS, Azure Disks, DevOps, Virtual Nodes, ACR, DNS Zones, Active Directory, Kubernetes, Ingress, and Terraform.
This course is ideal for Azure Architects, Sysadmins, or Developers who are planning to master Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) for running applications on Kubernetes.
The best thing about this course is that it is full of hands-on experience with clear explanations which really helps to understand what, why, and how part of any concept. In short, a great course to master Azure DevOps, particularly AKS or Azure Kubernetes Service.
Here is the link to join this course — Azure Kubernetes Service with Azure DevOps and Terraform
That’s all about the best courses to learn the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform in-depth in 2021. These online courses are also good for various Azure certifications like Azure Fundamentals and Azur Cloud Architect.
If you are thinking to go cloud native then Microsoft Azure is a very good alternative to improve your workflow and make things easier for you. It is very extensive, so you have the articles explaining what they offer, so you can choose the one that adapts better to what you are looking for.
Other Azure Cloud Resources for IT Professionals and Java Programmers
- Top 5 Courses to crack Azure Developer Associate exam
- How to Crack the AWS Solution Architect Exam
- 5 Free Courses to learn Microsoft Azure Concepts
- How to Crack AZ-103 Azure Administration Exam in 2021
- How to become an Azure Solution Architect Associate in 2021
- Top 5 Courses to pass Azure Cloud Architecture Exam
- Top 5 Courses to pass AZ-900 Certification in 2021
- Top 5 Mock Test for Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Top 5 Courses to crack Azure Cloud Architect (AZ-300) Exam
- 5 Online Courses to Pass Azure Developer Associate Certification (AZ-203)
- Top 5 Courses to Crack AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Top 5 AZ-900 Practice tests for programmers
- Top 5 Courses to Pass Google Associate Cloud Engineer Certification
- How to become a DevOps Engineer?
- How to Crack Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) Certification
- 10 Free Sample Questions for OCAJP and OCPJP Exam
Thanks for reading this article so far. If you find these Microsoft Azure courses useful, then, please share it with your friends and colleagues.